Saturday, May 1, 2010

Amanecer

The sun crawls slowly around the curtains of the room, giving just enough light to see the outline of her resting body. Her lips slightly parted, her mind fluttering behind her eyelids, she’s caught in a dream. And I sit up beside her and wonder where she is as she explores a world outside my own.

I place my fingertips on her arms, softly painting invisible lines on her skin. I breathe in the dry air, exhale it slowly just to match the movements of her chest, in and out, in and out. All the while, the seconds, minutes, hours crawl, but time doesn’t exist in this space where we meet, two abstracts, two worlds.

It continues, in and out, in and out, and the light pushes desperately against the curtain, and the curtain fights desperately to keep us safe. And I watch her as she watches the cinema in her head, eyes fluttering, lips parted.

Without the slightest indication, her eyes burst open with a shout of aqua, an exposition of the soul; my world becomes hers and hers mine as the room explodes with a light only we can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment