Friday, February 12, 2010

first two days

There's a lot to cover, and little time, so I'm going to be quite brief until I can sit and think and read and think and finally write. This little part of Argentina that I know is an amazing place with amazing, concious, friendly, and engaging people. I don´t feel that I'm in a foreign country at all, and despite living out of a suitcase in a hostel, I feel at home with the people I've met. Last night, despite almost 20 hours of travel and very little sleep, I was up until 6:30 in the morning talking to an amazing group of people about life, politics, music, and culture. I'm glad that most of them are seeking apartments and houses in La Plata, and hopefully, after leaving here tomorrow, I´ll have friends to meet up with and talk to during the next five months.

I went to the Provincial Commission for the Memory today. The staff is so accommodating and friendly. This is going to be a really good group of people to have supporting me. I can already tell.

The food has been spectacular. Here's a breakdown of our two meals so far:

Resto Vitaminas
--Pork Chops with potato slices, steak, pasta, three glasses and one bottle of wine, AR$81, AR$100 with tip, divided among three.

DoK
--Milanese con papas, two orders of ravioli, a salad, flan, coffee, and ice cream, AR$115, divided among four people.

Hasta luego,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment