Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tolosa


I'm living with Fabiana in what is called Tolosa, a few blocks outside downtown La Plata. It's a lot calmer than el centro, which I enjoy. Less risk of me getting hit by the cars that don't stop for anybody.

Yesterday, I moved in with Fabiana, napped, ate, and crashed hard after talking to Kat. I didn't realize how exhausted I was but I guess that after an 18 hour flight, and a collective 15 hours of sleep since Wednesday morning, it was time for my body to reset.

It's been really hot lately, but the rain cooled things down tremendously last night. I actually had to turn my fan off because I was too cold.

Today, I walked to the kiosk to load my phone up on minutes (thanks to Erin for leaving me her phone!). I also went to the grocery store to buy some Listerine and walked down to the church to see their mass schedule.

Chaco and Jesús rented a house really close to where I am in Tolosa, so we'll hopefully be meeting up soon. Coming down a few days early was one of the best decisions I've made. I'm tremendously grateful to have met such good people so early on. I{m currently waiting on lunch. Fabiana bought some steak and put it in the over with some potatoes. It smells delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment